Posted on: March 07, 2023 • Category: Growth
Mechanical Engineering Manager
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Phone 1: 217-291-0009
2 Eastgate Drive
Jacksonville, Morgan, IL 62650
Engineering management, mechanical engineering, automation machinery 5+ years of recent experience managing an engineering department working on conceptualizing, designing, communicating and organizing technical information involving designs for industrial capital equipment automation machinery.
Experience leading small teams 10+ years mechanical engineering capital equipment automation machinery design experience.
- Lead the company’s technical staff comprised of mechanical engineers and designers involved in developing innovative process machines and automation solutions for the wooden pallet and packaging industry.
- Forecast technical resource requirements to meet Company commitments.
- Mentor and encourage development of the technical staff.
- Improve our internal engineering and manufacturing processes through best case disciplines and see the results of your hard work first hand.
- Manage the staff’s daily activities including conceptualize new solutions, review mechanical designs for “form, fit and function” and ensuring technical documentation is up to date.
- Technical reviews of designs include operator ergonomics, drive requirements and ratios, cam profiles, machine timing, actuator forces, pneumatic circuits, bending moments, component material selection, component ease of manufacture, cost analysis, compliance to regulatory guidelines, compliance to Company standards and similar mechanical engineering activities.
- Provide planning, scheduling and reporting progress status of projects to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Continued pursuit of standardizing and streamlining departmental processes.
- Mentor and consult staff on individual goal setting, monitoring progress and constructive feedback.
- Communicating company policies and objectives, ensuring accountability, and recruiting, hiring and evaluating staff members.
- Ensure customer relations activities involving the department staff are acted upon timely and are conducted in a professional manner.
- 401k match
- paid time off
- health insurance