Posted on: March 01, 2023 • Category: (none)
Plant Manager/Operations Manager
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Phone 1: 217-291-0009
2 Eastgate Drive
Jacksonville, Morgan, IL 62650
Required Skills / Abilities / Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management is preferred.
· 10+ years of experience working in a process production environment or equipment manufacturing with understanding of process flow.
· Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude and a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot.
· Use of basic handheld instruments and basic computer skills for navigating spreadsheets and entering production data is highly desirable.
· Manufacturing and operations leadership role experience: 10+ years.
· Must be able to work both independently and as a team member.
· Ability to multi-task effectively.
Manufacturing: 10 years (Required)
Management: 5 years (Required)
Work authorization: (Required)
Lead the company’s manufacturing/operational staff in producing the innovative process machines and automation solutions for the wooden pallet and packaging industry. Mentor and encourage development of all staff. Improve our manufacturing processes through best-in-class disciplines and see the results of your hard work first hand.
· Oversee daily operations of the plant to ensure that all production, safety, quality, and financial goals are met.
· Coordinate with the sales and engineering teams to ensure the customer’s configured solutions are constructed in accordance with upmost design, budget, and schedule in mind.
· Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc.
· Implement and maintain best-in-class quality control standards.
· Hold self and others accountable for safe operations, wear required PPE, and actively participate in regular safety training and testing.
· Safely operate production equipment and systems for all products manufactured by the Company according to established procedures. · Develop and monitor efficiency of production processes.
· Participate in the hiring, promoting, training, and development of direct reports.
· Assign and review the work of direct reports.
· Assign job tasks to plant operators including but not limited to quality checks, plant performance, troubleshooting, general operations, and problem-solving.
· Perform quality-control tests and log accurate results according to established procedures.
· Make extra checks on problem areas and adjust as needed for the optimization of plant through-put.
· Keep up-to-the-minute records of activities, shutdowns, abnormal operations, troubleshooting, and problem areas.
· Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
· Interpret company policies to plant operators and enforce safety regulations.
· React quickly to problem situations and directions given by management.
· Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by management and Direct Reports.
· Report to and work closely with upper management and ownership.