Bank of Bluffs
The Bank of Bluffs has been serving Bluffs, Illinois and its surrounding area since it was established in 1893. Bluffs is predominately a farming community of approximately 700 people. It is situated 60 miles west of Springfield and 4 miles east of the Illinois River on Illinois Route 100 Scott County.
The Bank of Bluffs is a locally owned independent bank. It operated in the downtown area until 1973, when it moved into its newly constructed facility at 115 N. Bluffs St. on Illinois Route 100. Since that time several renovations have taken place increasing the size of the building. In 1998 the Bank of Bluffs opened the doors to its new branch facility, the Meredosia Community Bank, located in nearby Meredosia, Illinois. Meredosia is a community of approximately 1200 people located in Morgan County on Illinois Route 104 on the banks of the Illinois River.
The main facility and the branch are both full service banks offering traditional bank products and services as well as technological services such as Internet Banking, debit cards and ATM’s.