Posted on: November 17, 2023 • Category: Career Opportunity
Case Manager - QIDP - Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional
Pathway Services Unlimited, Inc.
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Compensation: $45,850 - $48,550 per year
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Phone 1: 217-479-2300
Pathway Services Unlimited, Inc.
Pathway Services Unlimited, Inc.
1905 W. Morton Ave.
Jacksonville, Morgan, IL 62650
Minimum Education/ Experience
Must have verifiable documentation of education. Bachelor's degree in human service field or related field that meets requirements for QIDP as defined by the Illinois Department of Human Services with one or more years of experience programming for individuals who have developmental disabilities and other physical and mental challenges. Prior supervisory experience is preferred. Must meet the requirements of Direct Support Person (DSP). Able to successfully complete medication administration authorization. At least twenty-one (21) years of age with a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record. Language and Skills Successful completion of the Short Test of Functional Health Literacy in Adults (S-TOFHLA) test, testing ability to read. This is a professional position which requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prioritize responsibilities. Ability to interact and communicate with people supported by our Agency, employees, parents/guardians, State/Federal staff members, and other supervisory/management personnel.
Must be able to complete all physical requirements of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Successful completion of Essential Functioning Test verifying ability to lift at least seventy-five (75) pounds. May have flexible varied schedule with nights and/or weekends required.
Develops, implements, monitors, reviews, revises, and manages programs, services and activities provided for assigned individuals within a variety of programs. Fulfills the responsibility of QIDP as outlined by standards pertaining to specific caseload. Is supervised and evaluated by the Community Living Services Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serves as the primary case manager and advocate for people supported as assigned, ensuring consistency among internal Agency programs and external programs or disciplines including assuring the individuals’ files/records are maintained, current, complete, accurate, and purged as appropriate (at least annually).
- Oversees all aspects of the Implementation Strategy (IS) including implementation maintenance and training of staff regarding the IS.
- Establishes individual schedules as needed. Develops necessary program materials and other items as appropriate. Plans and ensures the facilitation of frequent/regular excursions for persons supported to experience opportunities in the community, both work and leisure related.
- Assists in developing and overseeing the Individual Behavior Support Plans as appropriate including monthly data collection and application process to assure that individual needs are met and rights are protected, reviewing the plans as required (at least annually).
- Prepares written monthly reviews of program status and individual needs, including data collection or outcome management, monthly narrative, and community involvement by appropriate timelines assuring the forwarding of this information to the appropriate internal Agency programs, external community agencies, and/or other entities.
- Establishes and continues good rapport with people supported, assuring they are treated with dignity and respect, while ensuring the best interest of those supported is being maintained.
- Serves as a resource in times of crisis, taking into consideration physical safety, emotional support, medical conditions, and advocacy.
- Assures that the health and safety of each program site is maintained in accordance with Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS) regulations and/or any other governing entity.
- Meets regularly with appropriate Facilitator or Director, when indicated and informs him/her of any significant program or service issues, as needed.
- Evaluates and makes suggestions to improve operations or service delivery, identifies any need for new policies or procedures, and initiates or promotes problem resolution as needed.
- Completes all annual training, maintains Direct Support Person (DSP) requirements, maintains QIDP Certification Qualifications, maintains driver eligibility, maintains background clearance, maintains any other qualifications as set forth by DHS, and attends workshops or other training sessions as directed by supervisor.
- Is active in the development of skills and positive work performance of staff by promoting teamwork, cooperation among employees supervised, peers, supervisors, and staff of other programs, and by serving as a mentor for new staff.
- Responsible for all documentation related to Pathway becoming Representative Payee for all people supported, including Social Security, Insurance and bank distribution. Assesses need for any resources in the home setting; including health and safety concerns for people supported, appropriate items available in the home, and at least a 3-day supply of food available at all times.
- Completes Vocational Assessment, preference assessment, ICAP, SIB-R, and Entrance and Exit Criteria assuring assessment of individual functioning preference by means of standardized assessment tools with input from appropriate staff annually or as needed.
- Supervises, evaluates, and make recommendations of staff changes, promotions, disciplinary actions, and terminations when appropriate.
- Completes various other required documentation.as appropriate.
- Addresses medical needs and issues with the Nursing Staff including organizing and attending medical/dental/optical/psychiatric or other appointments when needed.
- Assists with the CILA billing process regarding timely and accurate submission of individual attendance, ICAP scoring, and financial information as requested.
- Participates in On-Call Supervisor rotation in ensuring 24/7 coverage for the CILA homes while following Agency policies and procedures.
- Oversees 53R One-to-One Staff Support Documentation.
- Supervises Residential Supervisor(s) for specific caseload/worksite(s).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to assist during emergency situations.